Coffee Catch-Up began this year as a means to bring Athens startups, entrepreneurs, and community supporters together for daytime knowledge exchange and networking over coffee. Recurring every other Tuesday from 11am-12pm, Coffee Catch-Up is lead by local startup and small business community members, who choose a topic of interest or expertise to share, highlight key points or stories about the topic, then host a Q&A discussion with attendees to identify actionable ideas, suggestions, and resources startup founders and entrepreneurs can immediately apply to their current needs or challenges.
The first meeting was held January 29th, and featured Bryan Wish, founder of the storytelling platform WishDish, discussing the value of having an Advisory Board, especially for first-time founders. Since then, a growing group of company founders and team members, small business leaders, and community supporters have gathered at The Rook & Pawn in downtown Athens to share expertise, discuss challenges and lessons learned, and exchange resources for the express purpose of helping local startups succeed and thrive.
Coffee Catch-Ups So Far...
— Tamara Neff (@TamaraNeff) March 8, 2016
- January 29th: Bryan Wish of WishDish thewishdish.com- The Value of an Advisory Board
- February 9th: Jonathan Wallace, Peachtree Medical Billing peachtreebilling.com- Changing Roles: From Developer to Manager GET AUDIO
- February 23rd: Alex Torrey, umano umano.com - Raising Money (AKA: Life After Shark Tank) GET AUDIO
- March 8th: David Rowe, Partner Software partnersoft.com - The Value of Real-World Experience in the Tech Sector GET AUDIO
- March 22nd: Brandon Checketts, RoundSphere roundsphere.com - What to Look for When Hiring a Team
- April 5th: Phil Goodwin, FHL Creative - UX/UI Design Practices Check out his post on favorite design tools.
- April 19th: Lee Collier, Docebo, NA docebo.com - Creating a Repeatable Sales Process
- May 3rd: Joseph Pruitt, BetaJet - betajet.com Meet New Four Athens Member: Joseph Pruitt of BetaJet (at Walker’s Cafe & Pub on College Avenue)
Several Coffee Catch-Up meetings have been recorded with permission, thanks to local Developer Extraordinaire Jordan Burke of Vestigo and RoundTable.
Next Coffee Catch-Up...
Tuesday May 17th, Alyssa DeHayes, founder of local label ArrowHawk Records and publicist with Riot Act Media, will discuss email marketing with a focus on MailChimp tools at Rook & Pawn 11am-12pm.
Learning about new members at Coffee Catch-up! pic.twitter.com/OofZEozCJ4
— Four Athens (@fourathens) May 3, 2016
Four Athens is pleased to help coordinate this newest opportunity for the Athens entrepreneurial community to gather around common interests and support one another in success. As our community grows, so does the need to find ways to facilitate the open exchange of our shared knowledge and experience. Got something to discuss at a Coffee Catch-Up? Contact us at email@example.com with the what and why.